Sunday, May 28

Pulling My Weight [Capitalism]

This past Thursday I started working at LaRosa's Pizza (a cincinnati pizza chain), as a dishwasher. It's really easy, but non-stop and smelly. On Tuesday I will start another job, as a camp counselor at the local YMCA. Now, as a 16 year old I have two jobs. They don't pay extremely well, but they were easy to get, and money is money, right? So why should I, and other taxpayers have to give their money away to the government only to be given to:

-Welfare
-Ridiculous Government Programs
-Illegal Immigrants


When it's that easy to find work? I mean, If you're out a job, Isn't it better to have a small paycheck than to just give up and settle on welfare? It pisses me off so much. The only people who should be eligable for any sort of government paycheck are the Physical and Mental disabled. I know that as a 16 year old I can work two jobs and make decent money. So why should anyone receive free money?
At least I know I'm pulling my own weight for society. Well, technically I'm only doing it for myself.

Yesterday, I bought a sketchbook at Barnes & Noble.

I also added a little script to my page, now my taglines are randomized. (Refresh the page to see) Currently I only have three.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Emilie said...

because working sucks?

good god. i have to go to that shithole tomorrow. TRAGEDY!

on the note of jobs being easy to find: i disagree. canada is not a land of abundance with regard to employment. perhaps OUR immigrants are stealing all our jobs, or we're too fussy and my lie-filled resume is transparent. one can never tell.

at least you're not being called a pussy... or are you?

5:14 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

My old supervisor at Kings Island called me a puss once, does that count?

No, it just pises me off. Jobs are easy to find, probably in Canada too. It's just that nobody wants to take a lowpaying job when they're older. Because if it's so low, then it doesnt even resemble a job to them.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Il Fantasma said...

Do NOT blame immigrants for ANYTHING, it's not their fault that no one in a America is going to work as hard for as little as they do.
And as for the welfare thing, some people don't take small jobs because of their pride, infact a lot of older people do or try to. But you have to understand that most of those lowpaying jobs are taken by teenagers or more likely to be given to teenagers. Plus most of the people on welfare have more than one job, kids, are single, and are renting. So it's no surprise that they HAVE to have welfare because they have to pay for so much shit just to survive. Welfare is for people who don't have enough money to pay for their basic needs, and a lot of those people work several jobs. What you may consider a considerable amount of money, doesn't exactly mean enough money to rent an apartment, buy groceries, and/or take care of children. There's a big difference between a teenagers definition of a substancial amount of money and a grownups. Think about it.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Il Fantasma said...

welfare - a program that works with and on behalf of low-income people to ensure that adequate income support is provided.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Emilie said...

what a pile of shit! it's unjust, i declare. in the land up over (what, that's like... the opposite of the land down under?) welfare is given to those of who are unemployed, and unless you are unemployed, you don't qualify for it.

and being that i have the misfortune (depending on what way you view it, i suppose) to be employed, i don't qualify for those fun "funded by the government of canada" deals that include: CAREER EXPLORATION! man, sounds like a real adventure, huh? skippin' along from job to job til you find what puts you all the way out, or til they at least get tired of you and declare you impossible.

that's the life.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Emilie said...

p.s. omgfuckyo, the otara millionaire's club, bitch? ARE YOU FOR REAL? nobody listens to them... except you. your awesomeness sky-rocketed.

do you have the full album?

5:50 PM  
Blogger Eight Hour Lunch said...

Given that waaaay more than half of my yearly income goes to support a bunch of lazy shits that won't go out and work a couple jobs (when I'm working two), I don't have a whole lot of patience with lazy slouches who collect a check from the rest of us. And all this because they were to damn lazy to pay attention in class, and too damn lazy to work their way up in their current job.

Only 16, eh? Well, you're smart beyond your years.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home